This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure statement for more information.
Gameschooling: Learning Through Play
Cait is a game-master, Kara wants to be, but things keep getting in the way… like directions. So in today’s episode, Cait shares amazing ideas for adding more games to your days, for both learning and fun. The sisters talk favorite games old and new, games for certain subjects like science and math, why it’s OK to NOT love a game even if everyone else does, and the many, many lessons kids can learn from growing up playing. So join us as we roll the dice, spin the wheel, and share easy tips for incorporating more games into your homeschool- such a fun way to learn together!
And that’s not all…
This week, we have another fantastic giveaway for the game loving families out there. In conjunction with the fine folks at ThinkFun, we are giving away THREE fabulous games (Rush Hour, Balance Beans, and Clue Master). Head over to Amazon to check out the game descriptions, and then enter the Rafflecopter giveaway here.
Thank you to those of you telling friends, and rating and reviewing The Homeschool Sisters Podcast! It helps other homeschool sisters out there to find us.
Listen to the podcast:
Links from the episode
- Best Family Games: Ultimate Guide | My Little Poppies
- Fall Haul: Resources We’re Loving | The Homeschool Sisters
- Kara’s Math Game Show | Kara S. Anderson (Instagram)
- I Need a Milkshake: When Dad Works a Lot | The Homeschool Sisters
- The 10 Best Educational Games to Add to Your Christmas List | Simple Homeschool
Games for Preschoolers
- Candyland Castle
- Chutes and Ladders
- Cranium Hullabaloo
- Curious George Matching Game
- Curious George Discovery Beach
- Hi Ho Cherry-O
- Yoga Memory
- Brain Quest (trivia packs available by grade level)
- Clumsy Thief
- Exploding Kittens ( Imploding Kittens extension pack now available)
- Professor Noggin (trivia packs with a variety of topics available)
- Rat a Tat Cat
- Science Ninjas : Valence
- Sleeping Queens
- Spot It
- Sushi Go
- There’s A Moose in the House
Coffee Shop Games:
- Apples to Apples
- Apples to Apples Freestyle
- Cardline Animal
- Cartoon It
- Clue DVD Game
- Compose Yourself
- Hit the Habitat Trail
- MakerStudio (Three STEM kits available)
- Mille Bornes
- Money Bags
- No Stress Chess
- Prime Climb
- Rory’s Story Cubes
- Settlers of Catan
- Shut the Box
- Sum Swamp
- Sums in Space
- The Telling Time Game
- Ticket to Ride
- Timeline (multiple versions available)
- Totally Gross Science
- Unbored Games (book)
- Unbored Games: Disguises
- Unbored Games: Treasure Hunt
- What Were You Thinking?
- Yoga Spinner Game
- Any game by Peaceable Kingdom
- Harvest Time
- Richard Scarry’s Busytown
- Sums in Space (both competitive and cooperative versions available)
What’s bringing the sisters joy this week
A couple reminders…
Just a reminder that we have partnered with Play4LifeMoms. From now until October 31st, use the code SISTERS to get the first two months of their texting service for only one dollar per month.
Don’t forget about The Homeschool Sisters 31-Day Get Fit Challenge. It’s not too late to join in the fun… plus we have another giveaway planned for those participating!
Now, it’s your turn. Tell us: What is your family’s favorite game? share here!
Make sure you don’t miss an episode
Here are several ways that you can tune in to see what Cait and Kara are up to:
We would love if you could leave us a review on iTunes.
Do you have a question or topic you’d love to hear Cait and Kara talk about?
If so, send us a message or leave a comment. We love to hear from you!