Q&A: The Search for the Perfect Homeschool Planner {Episode 35}

This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure statement for more information.

Q&A: The Search for the Perfect Homeschool Planner {Episode 35} | The Homeschool Sisters Podcast

Q&A: The Search for the Perfect Homeschool Planner {Episode 35}

Is there one perfect homeschool planner? Or do different people need different planners depending on their personality?

And what about having multiple planners, or when your kids need access to your plans?

Today, Cait and Kara are talking planners, bullet journals, daily dockets, using your phone and the many ways to plan.

LISTEN TO THE episode here:

THE HOMESCHOOL SISTERS3

Click on the above image to listen to the episode!

Links from this episode

FOLLOW THE HOMESCHOOL SISTERS

You can hang out with Cait and Kara on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.

PSST…DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN SUPPORT THE HOMESCHOOL SISTERS PODCAST WITHOUT SPENDING ANY EXTRA?

Many listeners have asked how they can support The Homeschool Sisters Podcast. The answer is a simple one. Do you shop online? Click our link first. You won’t pay any extra, but a small percentage goes to The Homeschool Sisters Podcast to help offset our expenses. Every little bit counts, and we are so grateful for your support!

TELL US: Have you found the perfect planner? SHARE HERE!

10 thoughts on “Q&A: The Search for the Perfect Homeschool Planner {Episode 35}

1. Mandy says:

I have really loved the Mardel homeschool planner, but before that, I found some great printable pages & used my arc punch to make my own! Lol Because, you’re right, planners are like purses! It’s such an individual thing.

2. Jess P says:

I have been using this Bloom Planner and love it! https://www.amazon.com/bloom-daily-planners-Undated-Academic/dp/B00W1VY9JY/ref=pd_nav_hcs_bia_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7KSNSE1CGJ83Q4JY74PT

It is a teacher edition but there were very few pages that were unusable to me (student info, parent call log, etc)….a little washi tape and I turned those into reading logs, field trip wishlists, etc.

It is spiral bound. Has a full spread month layout and followed by 4 weekly planning spreads. I schedule our life on the month spread and then use the weekly spreads to schedule our school.

There is a page before and after each month to put the months focus/goals and then what went right. Lots of space for notes, lists, etc.

3. Kristin Runyon says:

I have not found the perfect planner but I do use the Plum Paper customizable planner. Similar to Erin Condren, but slightly cheaper and softer designs. I like how I can plan our personal life, my part-time job, meals, and still have space for a listing out homeschool happenings. Definitely not where I plan the /what/ of our homeschool, but activities, deadlines, etc. work well in this format.

For actual homeschool lesson planning, we use Ambleside Online and I modify their terms to fit how our family does year round education.

Excited to read through what others have found!

4. Amber says:

I am loving the Hobonichi cousin! I use the weekly spread for must-dos, classes and appointments and the daily pages to journal what we did. (We are eclectic and planning too far into the future has never worked anyways!)

5. Laura says:

I love my Plum Planner, it is spiral bound, customizable, and they have a homeschool version of their Teacher Planner!

6. Alison says:

I actually just use an Excel file…It’s easy to shift things round e.g. if you gain a subject/activity, or lose one, you can add/remove a column. I like the fact that I can also copy and paste things into it easily, so if I don’t do something one week, but want to remember it, I can move it to the next week. You can also use different tabs, so you might want e.g. one per child, or one per term/semester, or have a special one for ideas…you get the picture. But I will also use Word if I want to think things through more, before committing to something – and I like being able to copy and paste between the two, as plans come together more.

7. Kylie says:

I love my carpe diem planners. Yes two. Lol the first one stays in my kitchen and has my cleaning schedule, finance stuff, and menu plans. My second one stays on my desk just for homeschooling. It is not spiral bound though. It is an a-5 binder. It comes as a blank slate, you fill in the dates so sometimes I will totally skip days if we’re not schooling then. I’m also going to get a magnetic month at a glance calendar for the fridge for family activities. The only thing missing is cute homeschooling themed stickers, but I’m hoping they start making them!