This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure statement for more information.
Homeschool Planning, Documenting and How Long Should Homeschooling Take? [Episode 110]
It’s one of the topics in homeschooling that causes pressure and stress. What to do about planning and documentation. Beyond that, how many hours should I homeschool each day? Is it OK if it’s only four hours? Do we need to keep the same schedule as the local school?
Cait + Kara are here to help!
They break down planning (and NOT planning – don’t worry – it works!) and how that looks for each of them, and they wrap up by talking about how long homeschooling should actually take each day.
Spoiler alert: Probably less time than you think!
Take The Homeschool Sisters Quiz
Are you a Cait or a Kara? Try this sisters quiz:
And be sure to check out our sponsor, The Waldock Way. Use the code sisters15 to save in the shop.
episode 110 IS SPONSORED BY:
The Waldock Way
The Waldock Way brings you unique resources that help ignite a love of learning in your children. Their products encourage you to follow your children’s lead and learn alongside them every day.
Unit studies from The Waldock Way are designed to support you as you navigate interest -led homeschooling, and always include book lists, hands-on activities, games for learning, and videos to engage every learning style .
As a Homeschool Sister, you receive 15% off all Waldock Way products, using the code sisters15 – it’s a great time to give them a try. We think you’ll love all The Waldock Way has to offer.
LISTEN TO THE episode:
LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- 365 Penguins by Jean-Luc Fromental
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
- Born a Crime (audio) by Trevor Noah
- Cactus schooling talk (on sale through 10/31/21) | Kara S. Anderson
- Doctor Robin’s School of PRE-Medicine
- Finn Throws a Fit by David Elliott
- Free what we did today printable | Kara S. Anderson
- Gameschooling 101 | My Little Poppies
- Homeschool Boss
- How to document your gameschooling | My Little Poppies
- How to homeschool little ones (without the overwhelm) | My Little Poppies
- How to make a digital portfolio with the Seesaw app | My Little Poppies
- More Than Enough by Kara S. Anderson
- Mr. D Math Live
- Never Board Learning
- Seesaw app
- Simple Homeschool Planning Bundle | Kara S. Anderson
- The cactus method of homeschool planning | Kara S. Anderson
- The Lazy Homeschooler’s Guide to Unit Studies
FOLLOW THE HOMESCHOOL SISTERS For More Homeschooling Support and Encouragement
You can hang out with Cait and Kara on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.