This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure statement for more information.
Poolside professional development 3
It’s here sisters – tons of book ideas for you, plus your permission slip to read outside this summer!
Whether you hit the pool, the campground, or the backyard while your kids jump on the trampoline, Cait + Kara are sharing some books they hope to tackle during “summer break.”
The sisters are going on break for a bit. They’ll be back with new episodes in the fall. Stay Sweet. See You Next Year and Love Ya Like a Sis! And don’t forget to use the hashtag #poolsideprofessionaldevelopment and tag us in your photos so that we can all share the book love!
This episode is sponsored by…
Green Chef is a USDA certified organic company that makes eating well easy and affordable with plans to fit every kind of lifestyle. Meals plans include: Paleo, Plant-Powered – Vegan and Vegetarian, Pescatarian, Keto, Gluten-Free, and Omnivore. Green Chef lets you choose from a wide array of easy-to-follow lifestyles with select organic ingredients. With Green Chef, it’s easy to eat well and discover new recipes every week that you’ll love to cook. Green Chef’s expert chefs design flavorful recipes for your lifestyle that go way beyond ordinary substitutions. Green Chef makes cooking easy, with dinner options that work around your lifestyle – not the other way around.
For a total of $75 off, that’s $25 off each of your first 3 boxes, go to GreenChef.us/homeschool75.
Epic! has a huge library of more than 35,000 high-quality, popular children’s books, videos, quizzes and more — for kids 12 and under.
Epic! is perfect for homeschool learning and curriculum — with thousands of books on every subject and topic. Plus, kids can reinforce their learning with quizzes, and additional recommended content. Epic! is personalized for each child based on reading level and interests.
Epic! is normally $7.99/month (a great deal), but we have partnered with them to get our listeners TWO MONTHS FREE. Just use promo code sisters when you sign up for an Epic! subscription at getepic.com and you’ll get your first two months totally free. Again that’s getepic.com, use promo code sisters for two months free!
LISTEN TO THE episode here:
Links from this episode
- Audible (get a free book!)
- Carolina Homeschool Conference– come see Kara speak!
- Forensic Files (podcast)
- Kindred Collective Homeschool Conference is scheduled for June 28th!
- Lazy Unit Study 101 Course | My Little Poppies
- Lazy Unit Study 101 by Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley
- Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield (podcast)
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations (podcast)
- Strange Animals Podcast (podcast)
Education-related books from this episode
- Free at Last by Daniel Greenberg
- Free to Learn by Peter Gray
- Homeschooling Bravely by Jamie Erickson
- Instead of Education by John Holt
- Introverted Mom by Jamie C. Martin
- Play by Stuart Brown
- Teaching from Rest by Sarah Mackenzie
- The Self-Driven Child by William Stixrud
- The Teenage Liberation Handbook by Grace Llewelyn
- Wonderland by Steven Johnson
- You, Your Child, and School by Sir Ken Robinson
nonfiction books from this episode
- A Light So Lovely by Sarah Arthur
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Chase Darkness with Me by Billy Jenson
- Chasing the Scream by Johann Hari
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- Do Less by Kate Northrup
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
- My Life with Bob by Pamela Paul
- Necessary Endings by Henry Cloud
- Outer Order Inner Calm by Gretchen Rubin
- Rachel Held Evans
- The Next Right Thing by Emily P. Freeman
- The Path Made Clear by Oprah Winfrey
- The Wisdom of Sundays by Oprah Winfrey
- The Wisdom of the Enneagram by Don Richard Riso
Fiction books from this episode
- Before the Fall by Noah Hawly
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- Lady in the Lake by Laura Lipman
- I Found You by Lisa Jewell
- Pilgrims by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Run by Ann Patchett
- Sunburn by Laura Lipman
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- The Crosswicks Journals by Madeleine L’Engle
- The Endless Steppe by
- The Expats by Chris Pavone
- The Huntress by Kate Quinn
- The Ragged Edge of Night by Olivia Hawker
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
- The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs
- We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter
FOLLOW THE HOMESCHOOL SISTERS
PSST…DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN SUPPORT THE HOMESCHOOL SISTERS PODCAST WITHOUT SPENDING ANY EXTRA?
Many listeners have asked how they can support The Homeschool Sisters Podcast. The answer is a simple one. Do you shop online? Click our link first. You won’t pay any extra, but a small percentage goes to The Homeschool Sisters Podcast to help offset our expenses. Every little bit counts, and we are so grateful for your support!